We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I recently took a three-week vacation. I had some carry-over vacation from work in a use-it-or-lose-it type of situation, so I picked what I thought would be a slow season at the office and booked it off without making any plans. Some of my time was spent doing activities, but most were on self-reflection. Here are a few things I discovered while sitting with myself:
- I really enjoy goal-based work over fixed hours. Once I come back to work, I want to embrace our hybrid work environment to work different hours every day, depending on what works for me and my projects.
- Implementing more movement into my life gives me great satisfaction and happiness. This integrates into takeaway #1 because I’ve started going on 30-minute walks every day while the sun is up and I am so much more productive afterward. Especially during the winter months, I’m going to let myself squeeze in a walk during work hours because this is the only time the sun is up, and work flexibly for a little longer after work.
- Taking my 200-hour yoga teacher training has really reaffirmed my love for yoga. I’m so excited to get on the mat and practice. After I finish my certification, I want to continue taking more workshops to complement my regular practice.
- It’s okay for my desires to evolve over time. If I had the same thoughts and goals as I did ten years ago, I wouldn’t have grown.
- I want to prioritize more family time. I don’t live in the same city as most of my family, which will mean visiting home more often and more phone calls, but nurturing relationships takes effort.
When was the last time you went on vacation, and what did you do with it?
Very good post. I certainly appreciate this site. Continue the good work!